Poor economic conditions and reduced business profitability have caused senior managers to implement belt-tightening measures in all departments. Internal IT staffs are faced with the stress created by slashed budgets and reductions in personnel, while at the same time, dealing with increase workloads – They need to "do more with less". As a result, they tend to focus on reactive vs proactive methods - keeping systems and processes up and running, to the best of their ability, and "fire fighting" when outages occur. Best practices call for preventive maintenance, periodic upgrades, and implementation of projects that advance the use of technology. However, in these times, best practices are often pushed to the side. dcVAST has created its SafeStore Managed Backup Service primarily designed to help customers deal with this "new" economy and to cope with tighter budgets and reduced staffs.
dcVAST SafeStore Managed Backup Services help customers manage their Symantec Backup Exec and NetBackup environments on an ongoing basis – optimizing their current technology investment. The data storage service is designed for customers who want to take a proactive approach to their backup and recovery strategy by having dcVAST Technical experts manage their day-to-day backup operations, while leveraging existing Symantec Backup Exec and NetBackup infrastructure.
"dcVAST SafeStore Managed Backup Service is the right solution to make sure all valuable corporate data assets are safely backed up and recoverable. This service allows IT personnel to focus on higher priority strategic objectives" says Don Swanson, CEO of dcVAST.
Based on the 20 years of delivering support services for Information Technology Infrastructure and deep product knowledge, dcVAST SafeStore Managed Backup Services combine local management—on-site or off-site—with remote round-the-clock monitoring, incident management, restore requests, planning and optimization assistance, and reporting capabilities. The services are managed by dcVAST’s Service Manager, who supervises day-to-day operations and provides customers with comprehensive monthly account reviews.
Symantec’s Managed Backup Services deliver the following:
- Managed Problem Escalation: Working closely with the Managed Services Operation Center, the Service Delivery Manager provides proactive problem management and escalation, ensuring that issues are resolved swiftly.
- Improved Backup and Recovery Performance: dcVAST’s deep expertise on architecture and operations provides proactive guidance on engineering, deployment and ongoing management of backup and recovery operations in order to meet strict SLAs.
- Improved Audit and Regulatory Compliance: Out-tasking backup and recovery operations ensures that critical business data is under strict service control and customers maintain audit and regulatory compliance.
- Strategic Use of IT Resources: As organizations experience difficulty with hiring, training and retaining data protection professionals, out-tasking backup and recovery operations enables valuable staff to focus on important strategic initiatives.
- Cost Control: Out-tasking backup and recovery operations helps customers optimize existing and future hardware and facilities expenditures. Furthermore, out-tasking ensures transparent and predictable costs for backup and recovery operations.