An operating system (OS) is an interface between hardware and user, which is responsible for the management and coordination of activities and the sharing of the resources of a computer. An OS also acts as a host for computing applications running on the machine. One of the purposes of an operating system is to handle the resource allocation and access protection of the hardware. This relieves the application programmers from having to manage these details. The Operating System may operate in a Physical Machine or Virtual Machine environment. This combination is referred to as the Operating Environment.
RedHat Linux is more reliable, More open, and More Comprehensive
RedHat Linux is an enterprise platform well-suited for a broad range of applications across the IT infrastructure. The latest release, RedHat Linux 6, represents a new standard for RedHat by offering greater flexibility, efficiency, and control. It works across a broad range of hardware architectures, hypervisors, and clouds. Corporations and agencies that standardize on RHEL are free to focus on building their businesses, knowing they have a platform that delivers more of what they need.
RedHat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV), is a complete solution for server and desktop virtualization management. RHEV builds upon and extends the RHEL platform. It runs mission critical workloads on millions of servers in datacenters around the world and is delivered through a support license contract with no upfront capital costs.
dcVAST provides your IT staff with assistance in the use of RHEL and RHEV.
- Consulting services to assess your business and technical requirements, including an analysis of the impact on your legacy environment.
- Professional services to architect your RedHat environment to optimize performance of the applications and utilization of the physical computing resources, including the incorporation of virtualization benefits.
- Consulting assistance with the deployment of RHEL and RHEV including installation, configuration, testing and integration into the existing environment.
- RedHat support for your systems and storage administrators, and your IT operations staff in using the RHEL and RHEV virtual machine technologies.
- Managed services, including Monitoring and managing part or all of your IT environment.
dcVAST supports RedHat on all x86 hardware platforms.